What is hangTag?
hangTag is the new and easy way to pay for parking in Edmonton. Truth be told, hangTag has been in Edmonton serving parking users since November 2017. If you have Android (version 6 and later) or iOS (version 9.1 and later), you are in luck. Either platform can be used to download the app on your phone.
Is hangTag Easy to use?
hangTag is an intuitive pay for parking app that can be installed and have you paying for parking in under two minutes. You can use the search for a location feature just as easy as you would do with finding an address in Google Maps.
From there, you will look for the orange hangTag rectangles or push pins on the map. Touch the location you are interested in. You will be shown a new screen with all the critical location details that you need such as:
- Location Address
- Hours of Operation
- List of Amenities
- Parking Restrictions
- Access Restrictions
- Rates for the exact amount of time you need
Create Your hangTag Account
People have been asking us, "how do I create or setup hangTag on my phone?"
Great question. We have conveniently prepared the quick tutorial video below to show you exactly what you need to setup your hangTag account. You can do it in less than 2 minutes!
No more standing in long lines.
No more standing outside on a cold, wet Edmonton day waiting for the pay station. Now, you can pay for parking from the comfort of your vehicle.
4 Steps To Use hangTag
Follow these four easy steps to get setup and quickly pay for parking in Edmonton. Actually, hangTag is now offered at over 900 locations across Canada. When you are on the road, hangTag can help you (even if you have a rental car).
Let us know in the comments if you have specific questions about hangTag that we can answer for you.
Download the hangTag App
Download the hangTag App from the Google Play store or the Apple App Store. Click on the store logo below to start your download process.
Create Your Account
- Enter your email address
- Create a unique password
- Enter your mobile phone number
Search for Edmonton Parking Locations
- Enter Location name in search bar in upper right corner of the hangTag app
- Pinch and zoom in on the map to find locations near your destination
- Touch orange rectangle to see more location details, amenities and prices
Select Your Time to Pay For Parking
- Touch the black "Get Rates & Buy" button to choose your time needed
- Choose your correct license plate for the vehicle you are driving
- Choose which credit card on file you want to pay with
- Finalize by touching the black "Buy Now" button which will also display your parking fee that will be charged to your chosen credit card
- Walk to your final destination
- You can extend your parking session from the hangTag app
More Questions About hangTag?
The fine folks over at hangTag.io have an incredible set of frequently asked questions waiting for you. Click on the image of the questions below and we will take you straight over to the hangtag FAQ site.
You can also call the hangTag Customer Service people at 1-844-309-1028 for more personalized help if you need it. We find the app super easy to use, so we know you will enjoy paying for parking this way over more traditional ways you have used in the past.
Feel free to leave us a question below in the comment section and our Edmonton Parking Guide team will respond to you. Let us know what your experience has been like using hangTag to pay for your parking.